SHAFT MOUNTED CUTTER SYSTEMS
The principle that enables the shaft mounted “SPURS” to cut so effectively is the “screw action” created as the propeller turns, winding lines, nets or weeds directly into “SPURS” blades, for an instant cut eliminating entanglement and damage to the running gear.
A POSITIVE SOLUTION TO AN AGE-OLD PROBLEM.
• Cuts lines, weeds, and nets.
• Eliminates dives to cut prop-fouling lines in freezing or high seas.
• No more costly commercial “down time” for repairs.
• Prevents the need for Coast Guard towing or expensive commercial towing.
• No more shafts or struts torn loose that can sink your vessel.
• Avoid expensive haul-outs, dry-docking, and diver’s charges.
• Prevent burnt bearings and engine overload repairs.
• Cuts line with each revolution (forward or reverse), with no loss of speed or efficiency.
• Fits shaft sizes 3/4″ to 10″. (Metric sizes 20mm-255mm)
• Made of hardened stainless steel.
• Don’t leave the dock without “SPURS” protection!
PROPELLER MOUNTED SYSTEMS
Our propeller mounted systems are meant for medium to large vessels. They instantly cut lines and nets before they become entangled. This prevents aft seal rupture, resulting oil pollution and other costly damage to your vessel.
SPURS® manufactures cutter systems for fixed & variable pitch propeller and thruster systems.
TEL: +27 (0)83 262 9846
OFFICE +27 (0) 31 767 4397
Mon - Fri: 7am - 5pm
24 H +27 (0)83 262 9846